Veterans Health Week
Veterans’ Health Week 2021 runs from 16 October to 24 October.
Veterans Health Week is such an important time, it is a time to create awareness but also support the health and wellbeing of our Veterans. Both Physical and mental activity is one of the most important contributors to a person’s emotional and physical wellbeing, and it is even more important these days, due to COVID-19.
This year, it’s all about getting moving! – whether grooving to some beats, embracing Spring with some gardening or strolling the area.
The theme, Get Moving highlights how important physical activity is for an individual’s overall health and wellbeing. There are so many benefits to being active than just physical, it can help with mental health and provide an opportunity for social connection.
Community Centres SA is promoting Veterans Health Week with a focus to connect veterans up with their local Community Centres. These are places local to veterans with a welcoming and comfortable environment – perfect for connecting up with people and trying something new or returning to a favourite activity!
Community Centres around South Australia are providing Veterans the opportunity to take part in classes and activities for free.
How To Get Involved
Free physical activities are available at the following Community Centres:
- Bagster Road Community Centre – 19 Bagster Rd, Salisbury North SA 5108 – Phone: 8252 4167
- Meditation – 18th October
- Taekwondo – 19th October
- Taekwondo – 21st October
- Coromandel Community Centre – 442b Main Rd, Coromandel Valley – Phone: 8370 6880
- Pilates – 18th October, 6pm & 7pm
- Table Tennis – 19th October, 1pm
- Fitness for All – 20th October, 9am
- Walk & Talk – 22nd October, 9:30am
- Cheltneham Community Centre – 64 Stroud St N, Cheltenham SA 5014 – Phone: 8410 1390
- Sahaja Yoga Meditation – 16th October
- Gentle Keep Fit – 18th October
- Basic Computer Class – 19th October
- Needlecraft – 20th October
- Over 50s Indoor Bowls – 21st October
- Table Tennis – 22nd October
- Sahaja Yoga Meditation – 23rd October
- Burnside Community Centre – 401 Greenhill Road, Tusmore 5065 – Phone: 8250 4167
- Dance – 19th October
- Pilates – 22nd October
- Fit & Fab – Seniors – 21st October
- Reynella Community Centre – 164/170 Old S Rd, Old Reynella SA 5161 – Phone: 8322 3591
- Easy Moves Exercise Class
- Junction Community Centre
- Tailem Bend Community Centre