In this non-accredited course you will learn how to help your ACE learners to design and implement a Personal Learning Plan, in order to achieve personal and vocational goals, and in doing so, transform their lives.
In this course you will:
- Learn why it is important to focus on creating pathways to VET/Employment
- Learn about the three types of learning
- Explore the diverse nature of ‘cradle to grave’ learning journeys
- Create your own Personal Learning Journey map
- Be introduced to the 10 key steps involved in developing a Learning Plan
- Learn about all the components of the Australian Vocational Education and Training System
- Learn ways in which learners can have their existing skills and knowledge formally recognised
- Explore the components of a Community Learning Ecosystem.
This course will comprise two sessions of three hours duration scheduled over a two week period.
This course will be delivered using a blended learning approach. This will include face-to-face sessions and online tutorials via Zoom. Course participants will also have access to online learning opportunities in the Learning Hub’s learning management system – LearnDash.
The cost of this course is Free. Community Centres SA would like to thank the Department of Innovation and Skills for providing funding for this course.
Learners who successfully complete all aspects of this non-accredited course will receive a Certificate of Completion and be awarded the Creating Transformative Pathways for ACE Learners open digital badge. Completion This course can also be used as part of a portfolio of evidence to be used for the purpose of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).