We're Looking for Volunteer Driver Mentors
What is iDrive?
iDrive aims to break the cycle of disadvantage experienced by low-income individuals who don’t have access to a vehicle or supervisory driver to get the experience required to graduate to their probationary licence. iDrive is helping provide pathways for those living with persistent disadvantage to gain confidence, self-esteem, employment, training, and enhanced social outcomes.
About The Volunteer Role
Looking for an impactful volunteer role in your community? Become a Volunteer iDrive Mentor and help learner drivers get the 75 hours they need to get their licence, connect them to their community and see them drive right into employment and education. Choose the weekly hours you would like to volunteer and we will train you to drive with learners, in active listening, mentoring, and community connections.
Check out the full description of this volunteer role here.
Our Volunteers Need To...
- Be able to give 3 hours a week minimum on a weekday.
- Be 21 years or older.
- Have held a full Australian driver’s licence for at least the last two years without interruption (losing your licence).
- Enjoy meeting & getting to know people.
- Love exploring local communities
Our Volunteers Benefit From...
- Online and practical training.
- Insurance covering themselves & others
- Safe, dual-break vehicle.
- Police & Vulnerable Persons Check organised by Community Centres SA.
- Free access to highly regarded Community Development 101 Online Course.
- Opportunities to connect with other volunteers and learner drivers in the program.
How Do I Become an iDrive Volunteer Mentor?
We’re so excited that you would like to volunteer with us! There are just a couple of steps you need to take before we can get you on the road with a learner driver.
- Submit volunteer application, please click here to register your interest.
- Once we have responded to your volunteer application, book into our half-day volunteer training session.
- Do your first volunteer session!
For further details call 8371 4622 or email Andrea at email@example.com
The iDrive Program has been developed by Community Centre SA and is proud to be partnering with L2P Drive With Me, Get Home Safe Foundation, South Australian Police and Australian Refugee Association.